Tuesday, November 8, 2011

ADD vs. ADHD

The technical diagnosis is ADHD - Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. But I usually refer to it as ADD.

The name of the site uses ADD because it's just easier to make a snappier site name with ADD. Try finding a kitschy name with ADHD - I dare you.

The other reason is my personal bitterness toward my disease - I could use a little more H in my life. If I have to have this issue, can't I get a little hyperactivity so I could get some things done once in a while? I CAN'T EVEN DO ADHD RIGHT!!

So yeah, I might often refer to the disorder as ADD, although technically it's called ADHD. When I start seeing the H, maybe I'll make the effort to add it into the name.

2 comments:

  1. How about (cue announcer guy voice):

    "AD...IN HD!"

    But, no, ADD-Libbing is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blog name. One of my good friends got an ADHD diagnosis as an adult, and has seen huge improvements in how she is able to handle things. It just took some time to get her meds right. As for ADD, that was my brother's diagnosis. He's missing the H too, just straight up ADD. He doesn't medicate (less they can do) just has had to find coping skills. I have been thinking about getting evaluated myself, I'm just too chicken so I'm using nursing as an excuse, for now. Looking forward to this. Really.

    ReplyDelete